Revival Guild Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revival Guild Forum

+3
Mazz
Hayley
Youngcha
7 posters

Best NX run ever..

Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Best NX run ever.. Empty Best NX run ever..

Post by Youngcha 09.09.11 2:18

So, I realized after buying tokens (Used to get on my trains to and from campus) I had a few bucks left over, and a lot of change since I eat dinner around campus when i'm there. I decided to pool all my savings together and have $10.25 so, I grabbed a sandwich bag and headed to Rite aide, mind you this is heavily embarrassing for me. I had six bucks in wrinkled, washed 1's, and then tons of quarters in a sandwich bag.

When I walked in and got to the counter, I gave the lady the card and when she looked at me weird for giving her a sandwich bag full of 1's I told her "The things I do for my brother when he's sick.." long story short, I got her number for being so sweet. Most embarrassing yet rewarding NX run evar.

Knowing we're an older based guild, I know from personal experience a grown man buying a game card gets weird looks. Has anything interesting happened to you guys from buying crap like this?
    Hayley
    Hayley
    Chris Martin
    Chris Martin

Best NX run ever.. Empty Re: Best NX run ever..

Post by Hayley 09.09.11 4:42

I've really never had that problem. I think because girls playing games is still a weird concept to most people. They probably thought I was buying it for a younger sibling.
    There was this one time though when I was still a full blown addict that I would drop $100+ at a time buying NX. I never looked at the people who were checking me out. :c
    Mazz
    Mazz
    The Oncoming Storm
    The Oncoming Storm

Post by Mazz 09.09.11 5:53

No NX cards in Europe. :(

I get mine on ze interweb, so no embarrassment there.
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 09.09.11 8:21

Hayley wrote:I've really never had that problem. I think because girls playing games is still a weird concept to most people. They probably thought I was buying it for a younger sibling.
    There was this one time though when I was still a full blown addict that I would drop $100+ at a time buying NX. I never looked at the people who were checking me out. :c

I've heard of this full blown addict phase from my ex, but I never actually seen it. I would also see how I can scrap up to get a card, but never actually used money I needed. Like, just the excess disposable cash I had. She apparently was blowing $150+ a week. Couldn't even come play pool with us on the weekends, so I started cracking jokes about her being worse than a meth addict and she stopped. It seriously is like being a meth addict..

Mazz wrote:No NX cards in Europe. :(

I get mine on ze interweb, so no embarrassment there.

Hey, that takes all the fun out of it. You must take a potato boat to America, and buy cards!
    Dury
    Dury
    The Human Torch
    The Human Torch

Post by Dury 09.09.11 13:08

hahaha

I know just how you feel. I think the trick is buying more stuff along with it. Look like a busy guy with "supposed children". x]
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 09.09.11 14:53

Haha, especially in PA Dury, man I can't tell you the amount of shit I get for it. I've actually brought my little brother with me and had him hold and put up the card. PA's so judgmental, I blame Rendell, "Country of wussies"
    Vee
    Honoured Member
    Honoured Member

Post by Vee 29.09.11 5:11

I'm with Hailey on this one. I never used to get any weird looks, regardless of how much I was dropping on cards. They probably assumed it was for someone else. Lol.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Honoured Member
    Honoured Member

Post by Mikey 29.09.11 7:36

I've got these weird looks once or twice. It's not like anyone up at the counter knew what they were, though. It's more like I used to throw in about $300 worth of cards every month. Starting this year, the most I spent on NX now is somewhere around $50 to $75 monthly because I enjoy investing my money for when I actually need it. (Plus spending on whatever that's actually worth buying)
    Some chick my age did ask me once what these cards were for. As embarrassing as it was for me, I lied and said I play Combat Arms, and these are for in game ammo and shit, more like donating since it's F2P. She was like "Oh, I was wondering what these were. I thought they were for buying stuff online like Amazon or something. Is that like an online XBOX game?" Yeah, it's quite embarrassing.
    RainbowAsh
    RainbowAsh
    Guild Member
    Guild Member

Post by RainbowAsh 21.10.11 15:30

I'm a girl, so I don't know what people think. I used to buy them in CVS, and I've only gotten questioned twice on NX cards. First, by some dude in Speedway, turned out he played XBL or something but ONLY like, Magic the Gathering and Poker. So I was kinda like, enhhhhh.

Second time was an older guy in CVS. I explained what Maplestory was, and went on my way. It's not really too embarrassing for me, especially considering how many people these days play at least one MMO. :)

I also used to live in PA with my ex, around Indiana. Never got crap there either! We got a quick jab in the crappy Gamestop in-town when we went through a bad TCG phase though(it wasn't that there Calladooty or something). Just play it cool checking out. Everyone does something for entertainment, and all that.8)

On that topic though, I spent WAY too much on NX this year so I'm basically freezing myself out until I hit 120, to buy a store pass and transparent hat or something. I tried for the newer royal curly ponytail hair, and kept failing. I eventually just gave up and got my new look from the free beauty event. I love it!
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 22.10.11 1:57

RainbowAsh wrote:I'm a girl, so I don't know what people think. I used to buy them in CVS, and I've only gotten questioned twice on NX cards. First, by some dude in Speedway, turned out he played XBL or something but ONLY like, Magic the Gathering and Poker. So I was kinda like, enhhhhh.

Second time was an older guy in CVS. I explained what Maplestory was, and went on my way. It's not really too embarrassing for me, especially considering how many people these days play at least one MMO. :)

I also used to live in PA with my ex, around Indiana. Never got crap there either! We got a quick jab in the crappy Gamestop in-town when we went through a bad TCG phase though(it wasn't that there Calladooty or something). Just play it cool checking out. Everyone does something for entertainment, and all that.8)

On that topic though, I spent WAY too much on NX this year so I'm basically freezing myself out until I hit 120, to buy a store pass and transparent hat or something. I tried for the newer royal curly ponytail hair, and kept failing. I eventually just gave up and got my new look from the free beauty event. I love it!

Nice, it might just be guys. Or maybe the fact you have a big scary partial intimidating guy (I'm intimidating when my hair isn't dyed) coming up with kiddy cards and lemon water, questions shall be had.

As for royal coupons.. I spent like $75 planning on just cubbing everything, but saw Royal coupons where out. So, I bought a few, and winded up with two Justin Bieber's. I then got annoyed, and had to change it and kept getting weird crap. I was originally aiming for Sun Bleached, but winded up with Overgrown, so I just kept it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.04.24 20:38