Revival Guild Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revival Guild Forum

4 posters

Forum Logo

Mazz
    Mazz
    The Oncoming Storm
    The Oncoming Storm

Forum Logo Empty Forum Logo

Post by Mazz 09.09.11 6:13

Messing around with themes, but they all have their respective default logos. Anyone good with Photoshop (or a similar program) able to make a simple logo to match the current theme for this forum? Something of the same colour scheme as the current logo would work well.

If you hate the new theme let me know, I prefer it to the old one though. goggle
    Abby
    Abby
    Sub Zero
    Sub Zero

Forum Logo Empty Re: Forum Logo

Post by Abby 09.09.11 6:15

It's pretty snazzy and modern or whatever. I like the blue.
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 09.09.11 7:56

Just give me a scheme and overall what you want on it, I make effects for people's signatures, pictures, etc and sell them. I guess one of the examples is actually my signature.

youngcha.deviantart(dot)com/gallery/

Also, screw your 7 day link posting period.
    Mazz
    Mazz
    The Oncoming Storm
    The Oncoming Storm

Post by Mazz 09.09.11 8:14

Youngcha wrote:Just give me a scheme and overall what you want on it, I make effects for people's signatures, pictures, etc and sell them. I guess one of the examples is actually my signature.

youngcha.deviantart.com/gallery/

Fixed that, you should be able to post links now.

To be honest, the current default logo we have is pretty much perfect, just the JGStyles thing in the middle ruins it. Something very similar would be great, those kind of colours and that size. Creative freedom! Almost.
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 09.09.11 8:26

Mazz wrote:
    Youngcha wrote:Just give me a scheme and overall what you want on it, I make effects for people's signatures, pictures, etc and sell them. I guess one of the examples is actually my signature.

To be honest, the current default logo we have is pretty much perfect, just the JGStyles thing in the middle ruins it. Something very similar would be great, those kind of colours and that size. Creative freedom! Almost.

If you don't want a render, I'll churn one out and 5 minutes. I need the specs though, assuming 150x300? (150 height, 300 width)
    Mazz
    Mazz
    The Oncoming Storm
    The Oncoming Storm

Post by Mazz 09.09.11 8:34

Youngcha wrote:
    Mazz wrote:

If you don't want a render, I'll churn one out and 5 minutes. I need the specs though, assuming 150x300? (150 height, 300 width)

The current one is 864x135. That size would fit the header perfectly. Thanks for helping!
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 09.09.11 8:49

Something I just whipped up very quickly, I actually spent most of the time on the text because I couldn't get a color, look, or position right. This is what I came up with, tell me what you think of it and then i'll modify it.
    Forum Logo Revival
    Mazz
    Mazz
    The Oncoming Storm
    The Oncoming Storm

Post by Mazz 09.09.11 8:52

Youngcha wrote:Something I just whipped up very quickly, I actually spent most of the time on the text because I couldn't get a color, look, or position right. This is what I came up with, tell me what you think of it and then i'll modify it.
    Forum Logo Revival

Looks pretty good! Threw it in the header, to test it, could you make it wider and maybe a bit darker? That kind of art and the text is great but it doesn't fill the whole bar (500 on this vs 864 width of the previous).
    Abby
    Abby
    Sub Zero
    Sub Zero

Post by Abby 09.09.11 10:02

If I may, I'd suggest a more grayish background and brighter blues. The blue here is almost a baby blue, it's so light.
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 09.09.11 10:57

Abby wrote:If I may, I'd suggest a more grayish background and brighter blues. The blue here is almost a baby blue, it's so light.

I was just testing with the general background, when I make my art, I like to use real things in them. Such as in this case, that's actually water partials put onto a blue stoned wall. The rest is just a single c4d and a hand brush. I plan on making it darker and the whole thing overall a little more bold. In a sense it should have a scheme almost like http://youngcha.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3b22d8

Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 09.09.11 14:26

Well, I'm done and created something I actually quite like. I may put it up on my deviant art for some feed back.. not entirely sure. Anyway, I went for a darker almost metalic looking feel, I also tried to hide certain things to make other aspects stand out for, it's the same exact picture and c4d used on the first attempt, same c4d, same water, same stone, just used in a different way, sadly I didn't save a .xcf of the original so if you guys prefer that copy, i'll have to re-do it which isn't a huge deal. Also, please note I worked on this at 66.7% focus, so it actually came out larger than expected.
    Edit: It is 200 Width by 864 Legnth, it should exactly fit the banner size. I did save a .xcf if you want me to shrink it down.
    Forum Logo Revival2
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 09.09.11 14:29

Here's a re-sized version Forum Logo Revival3
    Emma
    Emma
    Mystique
    Mystique

Post by Emma 09.09.11 18:41

I really like the details of the logo, but I don't like the text at all. I feel it needs to be a wee bit brighter :) You have such a nice range of colours in the background that the text feels drab in comparison. The parts in the left background look a wee bit oversharpened as well... almost a smidge too pixellated. Maybe smudge out the background, add in some effects at the 100% resolution instead of stretching them out (and thus the pixellated effect) and smooth the render? Makeup of it looks good though - a good way to offset the text is to move the render off-centre so the composition is more gelled :)

Sorry about the random feedback, I frequented dA a lot back in the day - I'm a founder over at #thumbsshare, and a previous mod of #digitalmedia in its heyday, so I've had a fair whack of my share of critiquing. :P
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 10.09.11 1:37

Trust me, I know Emma. I love gimp more than any other program but the few things they have for text make it almost impossible. As for the parts in the left corner, I went over that with a regular black brush to darken the overall picture, I was using this as a test too get feed back and then re-create it. I noticed after I loaded it to PB that I must of went over a few pieces.
    Emma
    Emma
    Mystique
    Mystique

Post by Emma 10.09.11 21:39

Youngcha wrote:Trust me, I know Emma. I love gimp more than any other program but the few things they have for text make it almost impossible. As for the parts in the left corner, I went over that with a regular black brush to darken the overall picture, I was using this as a test too get feed back and then re-create it. I noticed after I loaded it to PB that I must of went over a few pieces.

All sweet as - I think we're having banner switcheroos randomly so yours can be put in as well if you like :) With text, all I used there was drop shadow and spread the drop shadow a bit -- I think gimp has the same layer style? I find it tends to work quite nicely, even if you're wanting to go for a more subtle effect. :)
    Youngcha
    Youngcha
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post by Youngcha 11.09.11 3:38

Emma wrote:

All sweet as - I think we're having banner switcheroos randomly so yours can be put in as well if you like :) With text, all I used there was drop shadow and spread the drop shadow a bit -- I think gimp has the same layer style? I find it tends to work quite nicely, even if you're wanting to go for a more subtle effect. :)

Gimp has layers, but not layers of text like other programs have. What I think i'm going to try to do is make a duplicate layer of the text and add a burn affect then change the opacity.
    Emma
    Emma
    Mystique
    Mystique

Post by Emma 11.09.11 7:47

Youngcha wrote:
    Emma wrote:

Gimp has layers, but not layers of text like other programs have. What I think i'm going to try to do is make a duplicate layer of the text and add a burn affect then change the opacity.

I can always do the text for you, if you want me to. :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content